Automation approach to executing Shell scripts and performing checks on an Oracle DBPosted: asked May 18 at 12:04 - Source : stackoverflow
I am in the process of producing an automation framework that will:
- Check Oracle tables for entries, such as IDs and status numbers
- Log onto a UNIX box via Putty and switch to a directory where the scripts are located
- Execute Shell scripts
- Perform further checks on Oracle tables depending on values
- Repeat above actions (conditional)
- Log/notify users of errors during the process above
Would I be able to achieve this purely using Bash/Shell and SQL, or would I need to possibly add another language into the mix?
I was thinking of building it in a modularized fashion.