Creating a database for students [closed]

Posted: - Source : stackoverflow

the institute I am working at wants to create a database for students. I have to find the best and easiest solution for this application and I need your opinions.

• We would like to create a website/web application where students can enter their data into a form, without having access to the database. Once the data has been entered, the students shouldn't be allowed to change the data entered.

• The institutes employees should then be able to access the database and enter some more data, like thesis deadline.

• It is fairly important to us to be able to export a student's data into a .pdf form

image.

• We would also like this data to be automatically deleted after a defined number of years(5 or 10 years), maybe after automatically sending a notification to the datamanager.

• Because of hacking worries, the institute wants this website to be only accessed locally. What this means is that in order for a student to be able to enter his data, he will have to come and use the institute's computers.

We've been thinking about using MS Access but I guess a CMS would be the solution in this case. Now I only need your opinions on which CMS-platform to use for this kind of application. The main focus should be the ease of use, both for me creating it and the employees using it. I also need to be able to find documentation (books, tutorials, how-to's) for it.